C# .Net Developer
Vacancy for C# .Net developer at CERTUS Port Automation
CERTUS Port Automation is a leading technology company in innovative automation solutions for container and intermodal terminals worldwide.
Headquartered out of Sliedrecht, near Rotterdam, our systems empower marine and railway terminal operators to increase their performance while reducing operating costs. Deployed in over 50+ countries, terminal operators worldwide have successfully optimized their gate, crane and rail processes using our advanced OCR technology, kiosk systems and advanced software.
We thrive on innovation, providing unique business solutions to container and intermodal terminals worldwide. Our work culture is where innovation is expected, hard work is valued, and creativity is rewarded.
All this within a no-nonsense organization with diverse disciplines and a great team spirit.
The operation within maritime and intermodal terminals is highly automated. The individual system solutions for terminal operations are accompanied by complex logic, which together result in optimization the use of CHE (container handling equipment), (IT) systems and resources.
CERTUS standard software platform PASS (Port Automation & Security System) is designed as middleware between the various subsystems and a (TOS) Terminal Operating System. The CERTUS PASS system runs on 50+ terminals at 30 ports in 25 countries around the world. For our customers we deliver 24/7 remote and local support on hardware and software.
We are looking for a dynamic individual with at least 3 years or more demonstrable experience as a developer and a higher professional education level.
We are looking for someone who is ambitious and professional and can thrive in a challenging environment.
Your main task will be the development and maintenance of the PASS product suite.
In addition, we are looking for someone who wants to develop himself further and is enthusiastic about expanding and sharing his knowledge. You are someone who has insight and analytical skills and is able to oversee an application in the larger picture. Above all, you have to be someone who also has both feet on the ground and has a pragmatic approach. You have to have a service-oriented attitude, both to the customers and to your colleagues. We also ask for a proactive attitude towards improving our products.
A nice aspect of the function is that you have the opportunity to visit to an international destination with a consultant and hardware engineer to test and deliver a project. This involves a short stay of one or two weeks and always in good consultation.
Since a lot of communication is in English, you are expected to have a good level of English in word and writing.
- At least 3 years of demonstrable experience with programming in C#. This can be done through work within a fixed job and / or based on completed projects.
- Minimum higher professional education level
- Good level of English language in word and writing
Training and knowledge of the following is a plus:
- Bachelor or Master in informatics
- Knowledge of the Maritime and Offshore sector
- Knowledge of the logistics sector
- Knowledge and experience with real-time web techniques such as SignalR / Websockets
You will work with:
- The latest versions of .Net
- The latest versions of Visual Studio
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microservices (WCF / TCP-IP / REST / SOAP / Web sockets)
- WPF (MVVM)
- ASP.NET (MVC)
- HTML5 / XML / XSLT / XSD / XPath / WSDL / XHTML / JSON techniques
- Rabbit MQ
- Unit tests
You will do integrations with various hardware equipment including more:
- Traffic lights
- Barcode scanners
- LED signs
- Card readers
- Biometric scanners
- Weigh bridge
- 40 hour working week
- Market-level salary and the employment conditions of the Collective Labor Agreement for Information, Communication and Office Technology (ICK)
- Good secondary conditions
- The possibility to travel to foreign countries for projects
Interested? Contact us at pz[at]certusportautomation.com