Vacancy for Sales Executive at CERTUS Port Automation
CERTUS Port Automation is a leading technology company in innovative automation solutions for container and intermodal terminals worldwide. Headquartered out of The Netherlands, near Rotterdam and partner companies in the USA, UAE and Brazil.
CERTUS designs, develops and implements hardware and software systems that include intelligent industrial cameras, self-service kiosks, traffic control systems, real-time location solutions, process software and image analysis software. Our systems empower marine and railway terminal operators to increase their performance while reducing operating costs. Deployed in over 50+ countries, terminal operators worldwide have successfully optimized their gate, crane and rail processes.
We thrive on innovation, providing unique business solutions to container and intermodal terminals worldwide. Our work culture is where innovation is expected, hard work is valued, and creativity is rewarded. All this within a no-nonsense organization with diverse disciplines and a great team spirit.
You will be part of a sales team selling terminal automation solutions in a global market. This market includes ports, container-, rail- and Ro-Ro terminals. The automation projects relate to the handover process of goods transported by road, rail and sea. Prospects and customers are multinational container terminal operators, private companies and port authorities.
As Sales Executive:
- You will follow-up on prospects, prepare customer proposals, give presentations, perform customer workshops, negotiate contracts.
- You will work together with our Marketeer on providing content for newsletters, press releases, website updates and case studies.
- You will take part of international trade shows, meeting customers, show casing new products.
- You will maintain a constant awareness of the market, competitor activities, and challenges within assigned customer base, recognize trends that develop, and make appropriate recommendations to CERTUS Product Management for the Company Roadmap on a continuous basis.
- Based in the Rotterdam area, experienced in ports business, preferably in automation.
- Excellent communicator who uses empathy, diplomacy and strategic insight to achieve results.
- You see travel for short periods (max. 1 week) as an opportunity rather than a necessity. Travel will take up 50% of your time and is only target driven.
- Taking up challenges, organizing, coordinating and coming up with the right customer solutions strongly appeals to you. Instead of observing, you like to take initiative and ownership.
- A technical background is not a must. But you do have a sincere interest in logistics and technology: industrial cameras, vision technology, access control, biometrics, positioning.
- You are committed, energetic and demonstrate a genuine passion for your work. Your enthusiasm is contagious and inspires others. You are client- and result-driven, optimistic, persevering and enterprising.
What we offer
- You work in a team of passionate and result-driven individuals with a big track record in port automation.
- You work in a medium-sized technology company that encourages initiative and entrepreneurship.
- Diverse and challenging position in an exciting sector where you can make the difference on an international level.
- Competitive salary package.
- Working from home belongs to the options.
- Open and informal company culture.
You may send your application to Dave Walraven via D.Walraven[at}certusportautomation.com